Available in paperback and PDF eBook.
Download after purchase.
The Little Bird Told Me by Katerina Rubbo
The idea of translating Russian Nursery Rhymes into
English came to me when my daughter Ellen was born.
All my life I'd lived in Russia I always loved folklore, beautiful fairy tales, wise fables and tender songs.
I started questioning the whole idea of culture and belonging and that brought me to the Nursery Rhymes. I decided to translate them into English and make my own pictures to share my heritage with my daughter. The inspiration came from Russian style woodcuts called “LUBOK”.
I chose this naïve style for the rhymes and it started flowing as the water in a stream.
I look at this book as a gift for children who grow up in multicultural environment and for those
families interested in keeping their cultural heritage.
See the sample poem and artwork below.
- BOOK SHOP
- THE BOOK FACTORY
- SCHOOL HOLiDAY PROGRAMS
- VIDEO WORKSHOPS
- BREAKING NEWS
- Gondor Writers Critique Group
- EDITING SERVICES
- STUDENT'S TESTIMONIALS
- OUR TEAM - EDITING, DESIGN AND SET-UP
- GUEST PRESENTERS' PROFILES
- ABOUT US
- SCHOOLS, LIBRARIES AND WRITING GROUPS
- Lust, Greed and Murder
- Cathie's Special Tree
- The Rankin Files
- School Holiday Workshops Elaine Ouston
- School holiday workshops Kerry Ide
- Holiday workshops Ron Day
- Picture Books and Chapter Books
- Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid