OUR EDITING, DESIGN AND LAYOUT TEAM
We work with three freelance editors who have vast experience in manuscript appraisals, editing, and proofreading. Below are the principals of Gondor Writers' Centre who also work in this area and in design and set-up.
With a degree in Graphic Art and a Masters of Letters in Creative Writing, Elaine is able to turn her hand to many tasks. She is a published author of 5 children's books, a writing tutor, editor and designer.
She can take your book from manuscript to a printed book and/or an eBook. Her abilities include editing the manuscript, designing and producing the cover, setting it up ready for print and eBook, and organising the printing and publication.
Samples of her cover designs are below:
Dr Ron Day
Ron Day has had more than 30 years’ experience in technical writing, working with many organisations and companies, writing text books, user manuals, technical reference documents, and learning materials. He has worked as Manager
Documentation and Training, IT documentation expert and Instructional Designer.
He is proficient in appraisals and editing of technical manuscripts, and has written text books on desktop publishing, so knows about layout design. He can set out this type of manual or text book, and novels and picture books.
His writing has included marketing materials, newsletters, journal articles and conference papers. A small sample of his titles is given below: ·
Text books (5 titles including)
* Day, R and Goodwin, R, 1991, Computing Studies for Australian
Schools, Addison Wesley, Sydney.
* Day, R and Goodwin, R, 1992, Computing for Young Australians,
Addison Wesley, Sydney.
* Goodwin, R and Day, R, 1997, Exploring Desktop Publishing, Addison Wesley, Melbourne.
User manuals (more than 50 titles including)
* ‘PC230 User manual,’ Microbyte Systemso
* ‘DATEX User Manual,’ Senior Secondary Assessment Board of SA (SSABSA)
* ‘Bulk Bleed,’ Morton Blacketer
* ‘Cellar-door metrics, ‘Morton Blacketer
* ‘Vine Access for wineries and wine growers,’Morton Blacketer
* ‘Introduction to Ellipse,’ Flinders Power
* ‘Ellipse – Work Orders,’ Flinders Power
* ‘Ellipse – HR – Employees Workers’Compensation,’ Flinders
* ‘Ellipse – Electrical Cert. of Compliance,’Babcock and Brown Power
* ‘Ellipse – Introduction to Financials,’ Babcock and Brown
* ‘Ellipse – Chart of Accounts,’ Babcock and Brown Power
* ‘Fatigue Management,’ Ergon Energy
* ‘Switching Fundamentals,’ Ergon Energy
* ‘SCADA – Single Line diagrams,’ Ergon Energy