Still places in these fun workshops.
These holidays, the children have a choice of writing workshops, illustrating workshops, or both in the one workshop in the picture book workshop.
These workshops fill fast so if you want your kids to stop saying, 'I'm bored.' And want to send them somewhere they can have fun while they improve their writing and art skills, check the website now and make your booking.
For the adults: The September workshop is a very interesting and important workshop for the writer set on improving their writing.
One of the biggest problems I see when I'm editing is flat writing.
Good writing will pull your reader into the story, make them feel like they are in the place and keep them engaged. The following are some of the things that make your writing engaging:
- When a reader is reading your scene descriptions they should be able to see what you are describing. You need to create word pictures that are as vivid as a painting.
- The correct and effective use of metaphor and simile also strengthens your writing.
- Some writers have a habit of 'telling' the reader what is happening instead of 'showing' them.
- Many unnecessary words are used and this slows the story down.
- What do you put in and what do you leave out?
- How do you make every word count?
Sept 23rd: Advanced class: Strengthening your writing: 10am to 3 pm
Book now on the workshop page or phone 54 399 038 to book. http://www.gondorwriterscentre.com/workshops.html